HazChem is honored by its ever-growing reputation as the best waste-disposal company in the Midwest. Thousands of entities in Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota and other states know in an emergency, they can totally bank on HazChem to completely solve their emergency issues. We are problem solvers.
Our Emergency Expertise
- Hazardous material spill response and cleanup
- Bio-hazardous material spill response and cleanup
- Hazardous material incidents occurring “in-transit”
- Industrial fire cleanup
- Reactive and explosive stabilization/disposal
- Level A, B, C and D personal protective equipment
- Proper disposal of all waste generated during an incident
HazChem At Work
In December, 2019, HazChem was called to handle an enormously large highway gas and oil spill, which involved multiple fallen trucks and crashed automobiles, causing the closure of a four-lane highway to a complete stop for hours.
Once HazChem received its emergency call, and once we arrived on the scene, our crew effectively stopped the gas and oil from spreading. Then our crew made sure the released gas and oil would cause no harm. Within ninety minutes after our arrival, one lane of the highway was operating. Within four hours after our arrival, all four lanes were back open. We had effectively and completely cleaned up the spill, receiving the gratitude of area police officers, emergency medical workers and the city fire department.
HazChem is honored that both large and small city officials throughout the Midwest know we are a trustworthy company that is ALWAYS ready to serve.
HazChem + You
Any emergency of yours is a major emergency to us. We’ll get there promptly and take care of the problem. 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. We are problem solvers.
HazChem + You
Any emergency of yours is a major emergency to us. We’ll get there promptly and take care of the problem. 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Level A Emergency Spill Response Trailers
HazChem has the equipment, skilled crews and technological knowledge to respond to potentially life-threatening emergencies safely, bringing immediate containment and stabilization. Our fully equipped safety trailers are completely transportable to remote locations, allowing our crew members to operate in the most hazardous conditions.
Our high-hazard response trailers include the following inventory:
- Fully encapsulated suits
- Eight breathing air cylinders
- Ten self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Six supplied-air breathing apparatus (SABA)
- H2S gas detector
- 800 ft. raised-letter breathing air hose
- Re-charge line for refilling breathing apparatus
- Decontamination pools
- Levels A, B, C and D fire extinguishers
- Oxygen flow meter – complete with oxygen “D” cylinders
- Two low-pressure manifolds
- Two high-pressure regulators
- First-aid kit
- Warning signs, flags and poles
- Rescue harness with lanyard